What are the optimum computer requirements for using Zoom?
- For best results, an internet connection speed of 10mbps or higher is preferred (test your speed here)
- A slower connection of 5mbps or higher should work, but video quality may be low
- If experiencing poor video or audio quality while using wifi, try a wired Ethernet connection — that is, a cable directly from your modem or router to your computer
- A Windows, Mac or Linux computer produced within the last 5 years
- A working internal microphone, or a dedicated stand-alone microphone separate from the computer
- A working built-in camera, or a stand-alone camera such as a Logitech webcam
- Need more help? View Getting Started on Windows and Mac
- An iPhone, iPad or Android phone or tablet no more than five years old
- Install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app:
- Need more help? View Getting Started with iOS or Getting Started on Android
Full technical details are available at Zoom’s website.